Monday, April 14, 2008

New week...new stories

Hey everyone! So I heared from a few birdies [who shall remain nameless [brent and lizzy]) that you guys got to hear about my friend demetrius in church. Yea, that was an awesome experience. If you have no idea what I am talking about then just ask one of the named persons above or soemone who attends OCC and they should know about it. Anyways, i'll try and keep you guys updated on that. I hope to work to a point with him that I can take him to church with me. Speaking of church, if you remembered in my last blog I mentioned a church service called status that i was going to attend this week, i promised to tell you all about it. Well we went to it last night and it was AMAZING! Im pretty sure the average age of it was about 25-30. The worship was aweseme and the presence of God was so evident. They sang my favorite song, Mighty to save, and i was pumped. As soon as they broke out into the bridge to start it off i was doing mental fist pumps and smiling as wide as a river freshly flooded after an april rainshower. haha that was so cheesy...anyways, its a really great church and I'm pretty sure i am going to be going there the rest of my time here. Oh yea, and the preaching was really good too. Although i do miss cap'n dubs (Pastor Wayne) sermons a lot. And both dans are pretty good too. ANYWAYS....today we started a new week of classes. The class this week is on Biblical Restoration. Today was really sweet. The YWAM Orlando...head honcho if you will...is teaching on it and he spent our first two hour class telling us his testimony. It is one of the most remarkable testimonies I have ever heard. I felt like i was watching a movie. Later this week i'll tell you guys what I am learning in this class. Today he just talked about how a relationship with God is needed and the different aspects that go into having a relationship with Him. Ummmmmm i cant really think of anything else to say.....oh yea wait....so saturday night all of us DTSers went to downtown disney for a couple hours. Well we were just walking around and we saw a harley davidson store. Well if you remember from my last blog i showed you a picture of John Wayne, the korean. well this is his first time in america so we just had to get a picture of him on a chopper. So i grabbed a leather jacket and he threw it on and jumped up on the chopper. And another piece of information about the chopper...it had an american flag as the decoration on it. So it was awesome! I'll put the picture up later this week for you all to check out. You probably wont appreciate it as much as I did but im still putting it up. Well i think thats all, if i forgot anything i'll just throw it into my next blog. Thanks for spending your time reading my gibberish....BYE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a very healthy combination of wit and seriousness, well done, well done.

dan cumberland said...

just pretty good, huh?